Thursday, October 7, 2010

Help a charity


Help a Charity

In today's society people get so wrapped up in doing things that they don't think that they can help. I think that's not the case at all. I happen to be a very busy person and I still want to help. Though I really don't have any of my time to donate right now and my pocket book is rather tight I discovered a way that I can help. My good friend Kristen told me about something she does to help that I have decided to adopt as well. She picks a charity every month that she donates $10 to. Its not too much to lighten your pocket book and it only takes but a minute. So this is my goal every month to pick a different charity to give my $10 to. In the spirit of breast cancer awareness month (October every year in case you didn't know) I donated my $10 this morning to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. I think that was $10 really well spent. Especially when you consider how much pointless nonsense we buy for ourselves. So I challenge you to donate $10 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and help fight breast cancer. Its definitely a worthy cause.

If you have any suggestions for charities for me to donate to please leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment