Sunday, September 26, 2010

Damn Hot Chili


Today was finally a chilly day after crazy heat in September. It didn't even warm up once! So Andy and I decided it was a chili kind of day (no pun intended). Lately we've been into hot food so we decided to make it Damn Hot Chili.

Damn Hot Chili

1 Mirasol Chili chopped
1 Red matured Jalapeno minced
1 Anaheim Chili chopped
1 lrg. Green Bell Pepper chopped
1 lrg. Onion chopped
1 can garbanzo beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can white hominy
chili powder to taste
crushed red pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1 lrg can crushed tomatoes (I used Eden Organic and they were really crushed like a puree so it ended up thicker than I intended but I prefer the chunky tomatoes so now I know)
1 lrg can V8

Lightly caramelize peppers and onions with seasonings. Once veggies are caramelized add all other ingredients and then add more chili powder to taste. Then let simmer on low to medium heat for an hour. Adjust temperature depending on your stove. I'm a sissy and I only like it so hot so you can adjust your spicy to your tastes. Andy is a Tabasco junkie so he made his a lot hotter. Then you can serve up your chili however you like it. Here are a few suggestions of toppings you can use:
  • avacado
  • vegan sour cream
  • vegan cheese (I am not in favor of these I would just rather go without cheese)
  • crackers
  • roasted sesame seeds
  • chopped onions
  • make your own ideas and share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment