Thursday, September 2, 2010

Slow Cooked Stuffed Peppers


While at my personal trainer's last night (Stephanie Zoch is awesome!) she had some recipe cards out for her sister to look at and I saw one for slow cooked stuffed peppers and since I had some peppers at home I decided to try it. I just sort of memorized the recipe a little and then improvised from what was in my pantry and fridge.

2 cups long brown basmati rice
3 large green peppers
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 md. onion (diced)
1 tblsp. chili powder
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 can mushroom spaghetti sauce (I use the no sugar added kind or the low sodium)

cut the tops of your peppers off and clean out the insides. (I fed the remains to the guinea pig). set peppers aside. In a bowl mix all the other ingredients except the spaghetti sauce. Spray the inside of your crock pot or slow cooker with cooking spray (I use Pam olive oil spray). stuff peppers and stand them up at the bottom of the pot. Then smother with spaghetti sauce. Cook on low for 3-4 hrs. (or until rice is cooked through).

Looks smells and tastes absolutely amazing. Thanks Steph!

No comments:

Post a Comment